· 3 khaki or similar pants for Safari. If taking jeans, choose light weight ones
· 2 slacks
· 2 shorts (if you want) easy dry
· 4 or 5 casual shirts like t-shirts or polo’s
· 1 or 2 polo’s or a dressier shirt for use with slacks
· 1 swimsuit (if you want)
· 1 windbreaker (lightweight so that it can be folded and carried in the van with you)
· 1 pair good walking shoes
· 1 pair lightweight shoes (like canvas tennis shoes or thongs to wear around the lodge and to the pool)
· 1 pair comfortable casual dress shoes - maybe worn over on flight
· 1 waist pack
· 1 pajama
Assorted easy care underwear, socks Belt, if needed Optional. If you have space, you might want a lightweight sweat suit
What you wear on the flight over can be taken off from the list—less to pack. City hotels have good laundry service so the travel clothes can be cleaned to use again or stored there to wear on your flight home.
The game lodges do laundry very nicely, but need a full day to do it. It is best to wait until you have two nights in one lodge. Check your itinerary.
The arrival city hotels have a locked storage room where suitcases, bags, purchases, etc. may be left safely while you are on safari. All hotels have this service, so take advantage of leaving that which you do not actually need on safari.
Always start with the lightest bag possible
International flights to Africa allow 2 checked bags of not over 50 lbs each and a combined linear measurement of 62” (Check with your airline to verify their requirements), One carry-on weighing no more than 10 lbs and a purse or man’s continental handbag/briefcase.
You may take one bag per person on safari along with your hand luggage.
If you take more on your flight over, it can be left in the city of arrival Nairobi.
- Soft-sided luggage or duffel are preferable to hard luggage for storage on safari vehicles within East Africa. Large suitcases of dimensions greater than 24"x 17"x 7" are impossible to store in vehicles and on aircraft and should not be used. Hard cases should be avoided as they cannot fit in safari vehicles.
- Baggage on Internal Scheduled Flights: if applicable Baggage allowance is 15 kg per person. Extra luggage will be charged each kilo basis subject to availability of space.
- Passport should be valid at least 6 months beyond period of stay.
- Kenya has enforced a ban on the use of plastic bags. Kindly use cloth bags.
Welcome to the last great adventure of our time